*THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED TO SUPPORT YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ADDICTION AND GUIDE YOU TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE*
Social Media is arguably one of the greatest communication tools of our time. It allows us to stay in contact with family, friends and businesses that we love – with ease. As with any technology, there are positive and negative aspects associated with Social Media. This course will help you avoid the dark side of Social Media and to pick up on clues that indicate whether or not your use of Social Media has the potential to become a problem.
In this course, we will explore the Internet and Social Media’s impact on society. We will also discuss the connection between technology and its effects on our well being.
Here's the course syllabus:
Lecture 1: Introduction to Sam
- Lecture 2: Overview of the course
- Lecture 3: The Internet, Social Media and Our Well Being
- Lecture 4: The Thing About Connection
Section 2: The Psychology Behind Social Media
- Lecture 5: The Psychology Behind Social Media
- Lecture 6: Do You Have a Problem with Social Media?
- Lecture 7: The Social Media Warning Signs
- Lecture 8: Interesting Social Media Facts
- Lecture 9: On The Safe Side: Questions to Ask Yourself About Social Media
Section 3: Develop A Healthy Relationship with Social Media
- Lecture 10: Basic Social Media Rules
- Lecture 11: Addiction or Seduction
- Lecture 12: Social Media and Anxiety
- Lecture 13: Comparisons
- Lecture 14: Socialising
We will also discover the psychology behind Social Media and how it plays on the basic human desire to be connected to other human beings. In this course, there is a simple and easy technique that you can use to detect whether or not Social Media has an unhealthy grasp over your life.
We will also delve deep and learn how to establish healthy boundaries around Social Media. Social Media can be a major cause of anxiety and the dangers of Social Media addiction are very real. We will expose reasons why these conditions exist and how to deal with them in a healthy manner.
About the instructor
My name is Samantha Carbon (UKCP) and I believe we are all a ‘work in progress’. I am a highly qualified London psychotherapist would love to help you overcome the challenges around Social Media Anxiety that you are facing in order to help you live life to the full.